REGENERATION – SEE WHAT OTHERS ARE UP TO!
Trip for Local Residents to Dublin on Wednesday 29 May to see how other communities have planned and influenced Regeneration in their area.
Where are we going? : We will visit 2 regeneration projects:
- Fatima United (www.fatimagroupsunited.com)
- Ballymun Regeneration Ltd (www.brl.ie)
Why take the trip? : There’s been so many ideas and issues listed by residents at independent consultations. I thought it would be helpful to visit other regeneration projects to see where some of these types of ideas have been put in place. While Fatima and Ballymun are larger scale projects than Sligo, there are lots of aspects and ideas that you are still relevant to your communities. The trip will give you a chance to:
- Get an overview of each area – physical, social, economic challenges and changes
- Ideas on the/development of community centres and meeting rooms in the community
- See how small outdoor spaces have been used
- See Community enterprise projects
- See Community education projects
- See Community projects targeted at specific groups e.g. older people
- See a Community based primary health care centre
- See how changing infrastructure ( e.g. new road) affects a Regeneration area
Who: The trip is open to residents of Cranmore, Doorly Park, Martin Savage Terrace, Riverside, Hazelview.
When: Wednesday 29 May . Depart Sligo 8am. Return to Sligo approximately 7pm.
It’s all free, bus and meals are provided.
If you would like more details, give me a call, drop me an email or contact your local residents association.
Best wishes from
Maeve McCormack, Independent Community Liaison Officer
Ph: 071 9141667 Email: email@example.com Post: Harbourview House, 16 Holborn Street, Sligo
Blog: http://sligoregeneration.wordpress.com SligoRegenerationMasterplan